Recent comments

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 6 weeks ago

Those are not pigeon eggs. They only lay two.

• Kaunas, Lithuania: But I don't have a car.   4 years 8 weeks ago

Is crazy drivers there. It not big traffics that make problam. Is the all for the sudden unpredicts that make a harm on people. Not big respects for walkers on streets -- or sidwalks!

• Ice Bike Racing: Studded bike tire   4 years 8 weeks ago

Go to see what you're up to, looks like you've to been staying active and enjoying yourself. The Junction, eh, wasn't there a horror story on W5 of a pop and son team and their dopey pitbull terrorizing a dear old widow in the other half of the double and the Ernest Ave. neighbours in general. Freaking scary!

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 8 weeks ago

My husband found a baby pigeon about 6 months ago, and decided to keep it as a pet. Our problem now is, she laid 2 eggs about 3 weeks ago and now we don't know what to do with them???? Should we take them away from her?? Will she continue to lay eggs??HELP!!!!

• Ice Bike Racing: Elite Rubber Class Race   4 years 9 weeks ago

That's grodi, man.

• Happy Valentine's Day!   4 years 9 weeks ago

How lovely!!

• Back from the dead   4 years 13 weeks ago

Hey Vic - like the new stuff and the photo highlights... with descriptions... keep it up! your amsterdam shot at dusk is beautiful.

• Vondelpark Stoners   4 years 14 weeks ago

Good to see you found your way here again. I'll keep an eye on your blog, and I hope you enjoy that 7D!

Cheers,
    Vic

• Vondelpark Stoners   4 years 14 weeks ago

Glad to see you back and blogging buddy. Excellent entries! I finally got into blogging after one of my IRC buddies talked me into it.

Frank (formerly of Mississauga LUG)

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 15 weeks ago

i had gne to my momz place for a few days...n wen i return.....ahhh..pigeon nest in my kitchen..!!as said by most here..parent pigeonz keeps alternatin their shifts to sit on the nest!!they r so damn still..hardly they move!!ther r two eggs in ther..hope they get hatched soon...n fly free!!im worried about any diseases!!

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 23 weeks ago

My balcony is home for a pair of pigeon, four months back they laid two eggs, both eggs hatched successfully, a pair was born, in six weeks they took off, they did try to return but the father didn't let them stay there. Again female laid two eggs two days back but today I discovered that one egg was broken, will they abonden the another egg? or female will lay another egg?

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 25 weeks ago

Someone help me. I love animals of all kinds. My brother found a pigeon egg on his balcony. He was going to throw it away. The info I need is =

Temp of the eggs ( I have a light on it now but it does not feel warm )
    How many days?
    I know how to care for it if it hatches.....
    Any suggestions on how to make a nest correctly??????????????????????

Please E mail me at Catalinavicente@yahoo.com

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 35 weeks ago

hi could some one help me please my breeding pair of feather feet tumbelers have laid an egg on the 14th and she aint laid a second one yet and its the 17th would she of laid it some where eles or will she only have one ? please email me on xpaulfryettx1986@hotmail.co.uk

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 37 weeks ago

Dogs also inhale pigeon pop and get crytococs or how ever it is spelled and get extreamly sick and need to be treated with medication that cost 600 a month for 5 months!!!!

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 38 weeks ago

Except for the purposes of study and curiousity, anyone who raises wild pigeons is cracked! I am sick and tired of cleaning up the poop on my balcony and finding my flowers flattened from being sat on and pecked at. As far as I'm concerned, pigeons are no better than flying rats! If you find a fresh newly hatched egg, my advice would be to take it inside and make an omelette. MMMM

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 42 weeks ago

i went out on the balcony and sore 3 eggs in the corner and i think there pigeon eggs lol but how long is it b4 they hatch please im not sure about this its new my 1st time seeing the eggs

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 42 weeks ago

Hello!

I have come upon two pigeon eggs.. I would like to raise them.. But i have no idea how to keep them warm or anything? please help!

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 43 weeks ago

OK, here goes a little info for those who care for our feathered friends. If you come out on your balcony one day and you see (1) egg, just let it be. The second egg won't be laid for about 44 hours and during those first 44 hours between the first egg and the second egg the pigeons don't worry too much about staying on the egg. After the second egg is laid, then the parents will start to sit on the eggs earnestly, the dad during the day and the mom during the night. Also once the second egg is laid, whoever is sitting on the egg will (or should) be very protective of them and possibly bat their wing at you or peck at you. They are just trying to be good parents. Side note: If you saw a single egg and took it inside, the second egg will probably not be laid. You can try to incubate the egg but, if it does hatch you do have a distinct problem of trying to reproduce pigeon milk since they are not self sufficient like a baby chicken is when hatched. The mom and dad will notice that there is no more egg and try to get back to the business of making babies again, so... about another 14 days or so before another set of eggs may be laid. Back to the rest, once the second egg is laid, both should hatch on or about the 18th day. The mom and dad will both take turns feeding the young ones and they should be ready to leave the nest in about 30 days. Homing pigeons (Rock Doves) have been serving man for thousands of years. Good Luck!

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 43 weeks ago

Hi,
    About two weeks ago i realised that there was a pigeon nest in my palm tree, we have a cat and unfortunately it killed one of the pigeons, i believe it was the mother as we still have one at the nest during the day, i am woriied that the father wont be able to keepp them alive if they still are alive as the nights are cold, also the nest doesnt look quit stable, but im afraid if i desturb it the father mught not return to it. the father doesnt sit on the eggs but beside them. im not sure what this mean s or wether i should care for them. i read that you were in a similar situation and i was wondering if you had any information that might help me with what i should do. please help!

• Vic's Tall-Bike   4 years 43 weeks ago

Realize that this page is quite old, but here is hoping that the project is still going...

I put together a tall bike this weekend: http://twitpic.com/84skj

It was a simpler and shorter design then what you are going for, but I did learn one thing that might be applicable. Most of the tall bikes are over engineered; e.g. they have way more support pieces then needed. Keep it down to the essential triangles, make sure your connections are good (welding, brazing) and you should be solid.

PS
    + it will roll better with round wheels :)

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 50 weeks ago

you guys get pretty pissed when someone hurts a pigeon where i work there is atleast 20 pigeons and no one has got sick from them and weve had pigeons for over 7 years now i am not saying they dont have these diseses but any way if some one wants to hurt the pigeans let them do what they want you are just giving them what they want every time you say your curl thats what they want to here why do you think the do it but i have an egg at my work and the mom left for a good 3 hours now is the egg dead or is it still alive

• Cyclists Dismount   5 years 3 weeks ago

Hi Dougal,

On May 12 2004, a 29 year old cyclist named Gaelen Kuellmer was hit by a truck and killed in the Dupont/Dundas underpass.

Last summer I also saw a cyclist being tended to by police and EMS in the same place. Fortunately, the guy was OK and it looked like he just had abrasions on his legs.

I ride through that underpass often, as it's part of my commute. I have seen people do stupid things through there, like changing lanes quickly without signaling while turning the blind corner going westbound. Eastbound, I find that motorists often zoom through there very quickly, as if they're racing to be the first one to the next light, or to where the road narrows to two lanes.

• Cyclists Dismount   5 years 3 weeks ago

I also agree about that stretch of Bloor Street. I find all railway underpasses like that to be scary, especially the one at Dupont/Annette and Dundas because it not only underpasses but also turns to the right. I think it may be more apparent that real, though, how many cyclist actually get hit in underpasses?

Dougal

• Pigeon Eggs   5 years 7 weeks ago

PLEASE READ THIS YOU HAVE GOT TO PLEASE

Ok there is a mother pigeon who has laid 2 eggs.
    She has layed them in our balcony just right behind our BBQ place.
    The way we realised they were there is because me nd my mum was going to clean out the balcony because it had pigeon poop everywhere and all done the walls of the balcony.
    My mum pulled out the BBQ place not knowing there was 2 eggs underneath it and found them in a bundle of twigs
    Everyday the mum and dad visit the eggs but..................
    THIS BIT IS REALLY IMPORTANT.................WELL TO ME IT IS
    Ok i went out to check on the eggs 5 mins ago apart from it is very cold and dark so i couldn't see the eggs and got worried. I grabbed my torch and had a look at the eggs.I found the mother and got a little fright when i saw her.I thought because i accidental suddenly moved she would have run off...........but no she was not moving when thats what she normally does.I was so close to her,the most closest i have ever been to a pigeon before,and the whole time she just nudged and lookd at me.She nudged over a little more and i could have sworn i saw a teeny little crack in the egg.I had only had the egg for about 4 days.Maybe it got a bit squashed.The mother was really not budging and didnt even bother about me.So i went back out the vranda and i can't wait till tommorrow to see what has happened to them since it will be lighter tommorrow

• Pigeon Eggs   5 years 10 weeks ago
    Wow

Pigeons must really like balconies. Me and a friend live in an apartment building in Thailand and both of us ended up with pigeon nests on our balconies. He threw his eggs off the bacony but I couldn't no matter how annoying the parents are. Mom's pretty good with them she's out there night and day unless I need to get something from the balcony and bug her.