Recent comments

• Railway Child   4 years 44 weeks ago

I'm glad to see you're raising that kid right!

• Nevermind the 7-11, we have 8-11!   4 years 46 weeks ago

TO seems to lack good early morning coffee shops that open at 7am...is it just me up at 7am looking for coffee?

• Nevermind the 7-11, we have 8-11!   4 years 46 weeks ago

Now I kind of hope that the new business retains the 8-11 name and the sign. I really like it. :)

• Nevermind the 7-11, we have 8-11!   4 years 46 weeks ago

Wow, that sounds pretty cool, William.

• Nevermind the 7-11, we have 8-11!   4 years 46 weeks ago

We already chatted with the new renters. The way they describe it it's sort of a coffee house with art and performance. It sounds like a little bit of everything. They seemed nice and they complimented the neighbourhood. We, in turn, welcomed them and wished them luck

• Wired   4 years 47 weeks ago

Carlton Village was one of the parts of the City of West Toronto Junction. Check the map on the West Toronto Junction Historical Society website.

• Wired   4 years 47 weeks ago

carlton village is not the junction

• Peach tree invaders   5 years 1 day ago

If you go to a garden centre, someone should be able to guide you. I have a similar issue with bugs on my grapevine that eat the leaves. I was sold a hippy, non-so-toxic to humans, "natural" tree hugger/birkenstock wearer-approved product that you spray on in early spring. It really mitigates the problem. If I get a chance, I can let you know what it's called. But it might not work on your bugs.

• Peach tree invaders   5 years 6 days ago

Any solution presented for your peach tree parasite problem. I've got a whole cherry plum tree infested with them and at least one more partially infested, and part of an apple tree. I have not even looked at the other trees. I'm afraid of the potential size of this problem.

Anyway, if you find out what they are please contact me. Contact me even if you don't and I will let you know when I find out.

Thanks for your post!

• Kugelis (or, Tastiest Dinner in a Loooong Time)   5 years 2 weeks ago

...and my lunch was delicious too.

• Kugelis (or, Tastiest Dinner in a Loooong Time)   5 years 2 weeks ago

I left part of the kugelis uncovered for photographic purposes, so that you could see the embedded bacon and the rest of the texture.

Morning update: It was delicious for breakfast too, of course.

• Kugelis (or, Tastiest Dinner in a Loooong Time)   5 years 2 weeks ago

You should be aware that pork fat is better for you than many other animal fats, including beef fat. For this reason, kugelis is "comfort food" mostly to the extent that you can take "comfort" from it being, in actuality, health food.

By the way, why did you skimp on the sour cream? It's a good source of calcium (i.e., also health food).

• Try your war on graffiti?   5 years 3 weeks ago

You could take part in this righteous cause by reporting vandalism promptly. In my neighbourhood, some people have graffiti removal kits which are very effective. You could get a hold of one of these and remove some of the graffiti on your own. That'll teach those little punks! Once they get their kiddie scribbles removed a few times, they'll want to spend their allowance money on something more worthwhile than paint.

Someone should change the name of the initiative from "war on graffiti" to "war on little losers".

Word to the mother.

• San Francisco: Chinatown Umbrellas   5 years 4 weeks ago

Yeah, I do treasure those moments. There's alot more to it than just crying and pooping, and it's mostly very fun.

• San Francisco: Chinatown Umbrellas   5 years 4 weeks ago

Treasure those commitments of the "small/crying/pooping variety", because they'll be over sooner than you think. I just spent a few days with a couple who have a one year-old and I got a big kick out of it. Your photos are great, but they can wait for the time when your baby becomes a teenager who wants nothing to do with you!

• Lansdowne TTC, Nitta Gelatin, and the CN Tower   5 years 11 weeks ago

There's a bit of a Planet of the Apes feeling to it.

• Lansdowne TTC, Nitta Gelatin, and the CN Tower   5 years 11 weeks ago

i was watching the massive truck crawling up Lansdowne on wednesday night, carrying the tower wrapped in bubble pack, then i hung around all night while they erected it in the middle of the field.
    [don't think most people have even noticed that it has moved yet!]

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   5 years 11 weeks ago

Haha... I should do creative cooking more often. It's too easy to get in a rut of the same old stuff. Though I have to admit that I didn't t hink up the "icing" idea myself, and read it in one of the local papers recently.

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   5 years 11 weeks ago

Yeah, she's a bit funny that way :)

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   5 years 11 weeks ago

So cute! BTW.....Jen's favourite food is Broccoli???!!!

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   5 years 11 weeks ago

Very cute Vic! I didn't know you had some Martha Stewart in ya! :-)

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   5 years 11 weeks ago

Thanks Brenda. I thought they were tasty, but you'd have to ask Jen for a less biased opinion! :)

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   5 years 11 weeks ago

These look great Vic. Were they as good as they look? Jennifer and Alex really are blessed to have a caring and creative guy like you. A great big Valentine's Day to you all.
    Brenda and Miro

• Pigeons at breakfast   5 years 12 weeks ago

Those aren't just pigeons -- they're survivors. Take a look-see at that them there link down there that I pastered:

• Graffiti Manners   5 years 12 weeks ago

Hello Mr. Potty Mouth,

You should have understood "I would" as "If I could, I would...." More to the point, you should have taken that to mean, "If I had the coercive elements of the state at my disposal, I would....." Regardless, I doubt the little pimple face would "f" me up (to borrow from your lexicon), regardless of whether or not I have a legion of goons at my side. I'm a pretty tough guy, you know!

By the way, that's not art. That's some little punk's vandalism.

Finally, I do have a set of balls. Quite a set! I am extremely virile and can demonstrate with family photos the good use that I've put them to.