Recent comments

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 24 weeks ago

Bt why r u scared.U dont need to b scared.Pigeons usually lay their eggs in homes.Moreover we can say dat they r a little afraid of other dangers such as hawks.Bt they believe on humans.Humans n pigeons have a very old relation.
    Dont b afraid of it.The eggs will hatch in 17 or 18 days since their birth.Then baby pigeons will come out.It will b interesting to see them growing.The only thing u should remember is that dont disturb the pigeon whem it is sitting on eggs.U should let it to warm them.This is only till the eggs will not hatch.After dat u can go n play wid the baby pigeons.

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 24 weeks ago

if they just layed an egg you have to wait a couple of days until the babies (of the pigeon) grow then when they are very big (almost the size of a regular pigeon) scare them by taking a broom or something and the will fly away..... But iam pretty sure they (PIGEONS) will come back so,just chase them away as usual..........

• Rebar fields forever   4 years 24 weeks ago

Love it. Great shot!

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 25 weeks ago

Hi, about 5 days ago a pidgeon layed an egg on my balcony, the parents apparently abandoned it but I want to take care of it.
    PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO SEND ME AN E MAIL TO
    isaactoussier@gmail.com

thank you!

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 25 weeks ago

Pl save making omelette from pigeon eggs. In my balcony,the birds are sitting over eggs for hatching, admire their love for new life and parenthood that I have installed an umbrell for shade. Love to see young and lol in bird life.

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 25 weeks ago

I have also pigeon that comes to my windows daily, it comes at night and sleeps over there. But i don't chase them away like you , instead i place them food and water on the side of the window. They are happily living couple. Every animals or pet has their own life and we must dignify it.

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 25 weeks ago

I have two pigeon eggs but one is cracked slightly. Will it hatch?
    And how do you feed the babies?

• Mosėdis, Lithuania: Red Bike   4 years 26 weeks ago

labai grazi nuotrauka. ryt kaiptik lekiu aplankyt kapeliu ir mociutes i mosedi.

• R.I.P. Pigeon Chick   4 years 29 weeks ago

Okay, well i for one hate pigeons, I hate the disgusting messes and smell they cause, and I hate having them nest on my sill. We've recently moved into an apartment with a severe pigeon problem. Well, they've already had two eggs hatch and they have been sitting on another pair for a week. The entire sill is full of caked poo. One of the 'teenage' pigeons has its foot tangled in a string that prevents it from flying away. I am so squeamish that i can't get the nerve up to put my hands out in all that disgusting poo and cut it free from the string tied to calcified poo, but if I don't do it soon, I'm going to have a full sized dead pigeon rotting on my sill. Today I got so frustrated about my little sill that I nudged the two eggs on the end off. When rats, mice, and cockroaches have "babies" no one seems to care much if they are exterminated. Cockroaches don't carry diseases, so why is it gross when they multiply, but okay if the pigeons do it? Why is it okay to eat chickens and turkeys and cows and be responsible for the death of thousands of animals over a lifetime of grocery shopping and not okay to dispose of a couple of pests on your sill?

I'm just posting this as a response to everyone sympathizing with the pigeons. I do NOT sympathize. I am NOT sorry I threw the eggs away. Because you know what? If they have babies, they will always come back to the same spot to nest. And then their babies will do it, and so will their babies. And then when your entire sill is covered in calcified poo, and someone else moves in, then that lucky someone else will have to deal with the disgusting mess and the dead birds along the way...

• On the Railpath, being awesome is easy   4 years 31 weeks ago

The person who made the poster is awesome!

I'll admit I didn't kick any pebbles off of the path today, as I was on my bike (not walking). But I'll remember to do that in the future.

• On the Railpath, being awesome is easy   4 years 31 weeks ago

Is that conceptual art or a concerned user? Or both ! I like the fact that some coupons were taken. Vic you are awesome.

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 31 weeks ago

Hi, please help, i'm heartbroken... i've been watching pigeons in an enclosure i made on my balcony, very secure, no egg could have rolled out and no other animals ever come onto the balcony, not that the eggs could have been seen anyways.

One was gone this morning! TOTALLY gone! No egg, no eggshells, non hatchling. i couldn't find even a tiny piece of shell, and i looked on the ground below the balcony for an hour, nothing.

Do pigeons eat their own babies?!!? What could have happened to this egg!? Do they ever transport the eggs or babies to other locations in their beaks like a cat does!?

FYI the other egg looks like it's about to hatch, the father is sitting on it, i can't believe they would have left it alone even 1 minute, for months i have not seen them leave without one of them on it... so what could have happened!!?

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 31 weeks ago

Unless they are pets then they will return

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 31 weeks ago

Those are not pigeon eggs. They only lay two.

• Kaunas, Lithuania: But I don't have a car.   4 years 34 weeks ago

Is crazy drivers there. It not big traffics that make problam. Is the all for the sudden unpredicts that make a harm on people. Not big respects for walkers on streets -- or sidwalks!

• Ice Bike Racing: Studded bike tire   4 years 34 weeks ago

Go to see what you're up to, looks like you've to been staying active and enjoying yourself. The Junction, eh, wasn't there a horror story on W5 of a pop and son team and their dopey pitbull terrorizing a dear old widow in the other half of the double and the Ernest Ave. neighbours in general. Freaking scary!

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 34 weeks ago

My husband found a baby pigeon about 6 months ago, and decided to keep it as a pet. Our problem now is, she laid 2 eggs about 3 weeks ago and now we don't know what to do with them???? Should we take them away from her?? Will she continue to lay eggs??HELP!!!!

• Ice Bike Racing: Elite Rubber Class Race   4 years 35 weeks ago

That's grodi, man.

• Happy Valentine's Day!   4 years 35 weeks ago

How lovely!!

• Back from the dead   4 years 38 weeks ago

Hey Vic - like the new stuff and the photo highlights... with descriptions... keep it up! your amsterdam shot at dusk is beautiful.

• Vondelpark Stoners   4 years 40 weeks ago

Good to see you found your way here again. I'll keep an eye on your blog, and I hope you enjoy that 7D!

Cheers,
    Vic

• Vondelpark Stoners   4 years 40 weeks ago

Glad to see you back and blogging buddy. Excellent entries! I finally got into blogging after one of my IRC buddies talked me into it.

Frank (formerly of Mississauga LUG)

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 41 weeks ago

i had gne to my momz place for a few days...n wen i return.....ahhh..pigeon nest in my kitchen..!!as said by most here..parent pigeonz keeps alternatin their shifts to sit on the nest!!they r so damn still..hardly they move!!ther r two eggs in ther..hope they get hatched soon...n fly free!!im worried about any diseases!!

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 49 weeks ago

My balcony is home for a pair of pigeon, four months back they laid two eggs, both eggs hatched successfully, a pair was born, in six weeks they took off, they did try to return but the father didn't let them stay there. Again female laid two eggs two days back but today I discovered that one egg was broken, will they abonden the another egg? or female will lay another egg?

• Pigeon Eggs   4 years 51 weeks ago

Someone help me. I love animals of all kinds. My brother found a pigeon egg on his balcony. He was going to throw it away. The info I need is =

Temp of the eggs ( I have a light on it now but it does not feel warm )
    How many days?
    I know how to care for it if it hatches.....
    Any suggestions on how to make a nest correctly??????????????????????

Please E mail me at Catalinavicente@yahoo.com