Recent comments

• San Francisco: Chinatown Umbrellas   4 years 44 weeks ago

Yeah, I do treasure those moments. There's alot more to it than just crying and pooping, and it's mostly very fun.

• San Francisco: Chinatown Umbrellas   4 years 44 weeks ago

Treasure those commitments of the "small/crying/pooping variety", because they'll be over sooner than you think. I just spent a few days with a couple who have a one year-old and I got a big kick out of it. Your photos are great, but they can wait for the time when your baby becomes a teenager who wants nothing to do with you!

• Lansdowne TTC, Nitta Gelatin, and the CN Tower   4 years 51 weeks ago

There's a bit of a Planet of the Apes feeling to it.

• Lansdowne TTC, Nitta Gelatin, and the CN Tower   4 years 51 weeks ago

i was watching the massive truck crawling up Lansdowne on wednesday night, carrying the tower wrapped in bubble pack, then i hung around all night while they erected it in the middle of the field.
    [don't think most people have even noticed that it has moved yet!]

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   4 years 51 weeks ago

Haha... I should do creative cooking more often. It's too easy to get in a rut of the same old stuff. Though I have to admit that I didn't t hink up the "icing" idea myself, and read it in one of the local papers recently.

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   4 years 51 weeks ago

Yeah, she's a bit funny that way :)

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   4 years 51 weeks ago

So cute! BTW.....Jen's favourite food is Broccoli???!!!

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   4 years 51 weeks ago

Very cute Vic! I didn't know you had some Martha Stewart in ya! :-)

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   4 years 51 weeks ago

Thanks Brenda. I thought they were tasty, but you'd have to ask Jen for a less biased opinion! :)

• Valentine's Day Cupcakes   4 years 51 weeks ago

These look great Vic. Were they as good as they look? Jennifer and Alex really are blessed to have a caring and creative guy like you. A great big Valentine's Day to you all.
    Brenda and Miro

• Pigeons at breakfast   4 years 51 weeks ago

Those aren't just pigeons -- they're survivors. Take a look-see at that them there link down there that I pastered:

• Graffiti Manners   4 years 52 weeks ago

Hello Mr. Potty Mouth,

You should have understood "I would" as "If I could, I would...." More to the point, you should have taken that to mean, "If I had the coercive elements of the state at my disposal, I would....." Regardless, I doubt the little pimple face would "f" me up (to borrow from your lexicon), regardless of whether or not I have a legion of goons at my side. I'm a pretty tough guy, you know!

By the way, that's not art. That's some little punk's vandalism.

Finally, I do have a set of balls. Quite a set! I am extremely virile and can demonstrate with family photos the good use that I've put them to.

• Graffiti Manners   5 years 4 hours ago

Would that teach the lil punks? I bet you'd try that and they'd fuck you up, why don't you try wondering WHY someone is driven to go put art out in the public, where society doesn't want to see it.

Why don't you pull your head out of your ass and pull the shit chunks off of your eyelashes... there is an entire world above your head...

Grow some balls gedris, softy.

• Graffiti Manners   5 years 1 day ago

I would make the little punks who deface beautiful buildings like that lick the paint off, even if it means 8 hour shifts (with 2 fifteen minute breaks and a thirty minute lunch break) 5 days a week for 5 years, or until all the paint is gone. And each day would be "Take Parents to Work Day". That would teach those little punks!

• Bloor Street Fitness: One of my favourite storefronts   5 years 4 days ago

I wish there were gyms like this in Vancouver. Heck, I would even eat at a restaurant that looked like this!

• Snowpocalypse! Snowmageddon! Disaster!   5 years 1 week ago

There are snow flakes in Toronto! Call in the army before everyone's feelings get hurt! Where is Mel Lastname when we need him????

• Dundas and Bloor: The Crossways   5 years 3 weeks ago
    me2

i have never felt that the dissing that the crossways gets it fully justified; think it's the anti suburban mall/developer subculture that we 'urbanPunk' wannabees search 4.

Same with "B"bloor.

• Dundas and Bloor: The Crossways   5 years 4 weeks ago

The expression "oft-maligned residential towers" brings to mind a flood of memories. There are two towers with a mall underneath between them. On the 2nd floor there is access to an amazing terrace (the roof of the Mall basically) stretching between the two towers which included tennis courts, a swimming pool and other things tenants would find enjoyable. Actually the access is blocked and the terrace is not used and in 1998 was getting dilapidated. Unless new owners and developers have come along this is probably still the case.

I lived there 1996-1998. I lived on the 2nd floor and often crawled out the window and wandered the terrace dreaming of better times and imagining what it could have been. All this to say that the apartments were quite nice, and the residential complex had a lot of potential. I loved the Mall underneath, and the convenient access to the TTC.

However, what was not good about it were the cockroaches. It is what got me started on researching how to control them when evidently the professional pest control companies had to treat the place regularly three to four times a year. I actually figured out how to handle the situation and proposed the plan to the administration and started generating a tenant awareness campaign but before I could mount the plan I had to move back to Montreal. I wonder if the towers are still infested?

• Dupont St. bridge construction + Planet Storage   5 years 5 weeks ago

Stop the gravy train!!!

• San Francisco: Visit our other locations   5 years 9 weeks ago

Cool. It's always interesting to hear what these places were in the past.

Now I'm hungry for Indian food.

• San Francisco: Visit our other locations   5 years 9 weeks ago

I think I ate here before they closed.. I haven't been back to the Tenderloin in so long, I had no idea this was already gone. I believe they're still at their other locations.. it's a pretty good and (relatively) cheap small chain.

• Hotel Essex, San Francisco   5 years 10 weeks ago

I don't recall seeing any poop anywhere, but wouldn't be totally surprised if I did.

Yeah, it's actually a really beautiful area of the city. I could totally see it getting gentrified, but I bet its reputation is strong enough to keep that from happening so quickly.

• Hotel Essex, San Francisco   5 years 10 weeks ago

Any human excrement? That's when you _really_ know you're in the Tenderloin.

Nice area apart from that, stayed there once myself :)

• Warning: Car exhaust is bad   5 years 11 weeks ago

This would make a good bumper sticker if it weren't so long.

• Warning: Car exhaust is bad   5 years 13 weeks ago

Hey, I've just found something to paint on the side of the van if I ever get sufficiently sick of "LIVRAISON - Eau de Source"